Year 2- Mrs Broomhead
Welcome to your class page!
Mrs Broomhead, Mrs Wilson and Miss Ball are here to help you.
We are learning about how times have changed since our grandparents and parents were little. We will be thinking about the activities and games they played, how transport has changed, toys and music. We will be looking at similarities and differences between the past and now.
We are learning:
To find out what we are learning, click here.
Homework is given out on Fridays and collected in on Wednesdays.
Please support your child in the following:
- English - Please try to read with your children for 10 minutes at least 5 times a week. There will be a monthly bookworm challenge. Please encourage children to talk about what they have read.
- Spelling - To continue to learn to spell the common exception words.
- RE - To find out facts about Sikhism and to create a poster.
- Maths - To use their knowledge of multiplication and division to solve problems.
- Topic - To find out how their childhood is different to those of their parents and grandparents.
- Once we have looked at the homework, we will send it home for you to keep.
PE days are Tuesday and Friday.
Please make sure your child has an indoor and outdoor PE kit in school on Monday mornings.
Reading records and books should be in school every day.
Please ensure your child has a labelled water bottle in school every day.
Please make sure your child's uniform is labelled.